Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

How is it to have a bad credit reputation?

If you don’t sill believe that money is power, or that politics and economics in macro terms are not related, I will show you how.

At age 25, I am already on debt. I all blame it to myself, but of course to credit cards agents who lured me to owning several credit cards. When you have several, you have an illusion of being so rich because owning credit cards give you financial liberation. You can d things in advance, or buy things you liked without your salary for the 15th and 30th f month even reaching your hands. Until unknowingly, you have been into spending spree that put you on debts. At first, you won’t be afraid because you think that credit cards have pro-customers policy. But as I will have to realize later, all these commercial plastic companies have the only goal of profiting from our spending. The thought of buying in advance is really uplifting, but he interest is what will have to surprise. Of course, I have read the policies of the first credit card company about the interest schemes. Standard Chartered is my first credit card. And having them are indeed good. I have no words against the credit card because owning the Standard Chartered is like a status of independence to me. With this first credit card, I got to learn the discipline in money management. Well, not really because I have been managing my own finances since I was 19 years old. The next credit card agent lured me to apply for a Citibank visa card. Oh, I felt so elated having two credit cards! Oh I felt very rich! The next agent lured me to an HSBC red Master Card. All these two cards have validity until 2008. I was unaware that having them handy in my wallet would make me a spender. In January 2005, my first misuse of credit card happened. I was strolling in the SM malls when people from the AOWA stand invited me to join their promo. They have me chose an umbrella from their storage and they said thee umbrellas have commensurate prizes….

To be continued….

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Janette Toral said...

Can't wait to read the continuation.

I've been in bad debt also and paid a price for the damage it has incurred me.

However, the experience taught me a lot in becoming discipline with money and spend it in areas where returns can be achieved.

Scarlett said...

I am slowly rising from it. It has been hard..