Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Our dignity as persons

Our dignity as persons is measured on how we do and execute things. What we speak is not the measure of our integrity, but our actions and executions. The dignity is reflected on how we decide on little things such as giving gifts or presents to someone we love.
I had an outrageous thought yesterday. It is payday and I had been used to giving or buying small things for the persons and things that are important to me. I was in SM Mall and I though of buying the expensive candy chocolates to my niece and nephew. It turned out that a 100 grams of chocolates is worth 70 Philippine pesos. Then I went to the supermarket, I thought again of buying something for my pet dog. My first choice was a dog food and I found out it's worth a 100 plus Philippine pesos. Of course, it is a little high over the chocolates I bought for the kids. So instead of buying the big can, I bought the smaller can. I also opted to buy a milk supplement for my nephew who had been left by his father since birth. I know I made a nice decision on that since my expenditures for persons are higher than that of my pet. In the end, I expended 270 philippine pesos for emman and rea, and only 69 philippine pesos for the dog food.
This is an outrageous thought but in this small things can we measure the value of living things to us. We must give men the dignity; because animals are not sensitive to it. My pet dog does not know about dignity, but my nephew when he grows up and sister will have to know it.

an out of the box thought from me! =)
Bookmark and Share

No comments: